Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Few Weeks, A Few Shards

I had the unique experience of having marble-sized hail begin to pound my car in sunny, 86 degree weather a few weeks ago. At first I was very confused, and so was the guy in the open convertible next to me. Incredible.

Me: Thanks for going to the grocery store with me, Joel.
Joel: Sure, I'll always take care of you, Momma.
Pause while I smile and he thinks...
Joel: Nah! I'm to little to take care of you!
Chuckles and Giggles :)
Me: You take care of my heart by loving me and being you, Joel!
Joel with a note of awe: I do love you, don't I!

The most encouraging experiences when running with my new jogging stroller are the dropped jaws in passing cars. That and "Momma, run faster! Daddy runs faster! Momma, don't stop! Daddy runs longer!" John and I are both training for different marathons and today I think we're crazy.

So, I'm finally reading True Faced and really like it. I had lunch recently with one of the authors and learned that there is a connection between The Shack and True Faced. So... if you liked one, you should read the other. ;)

I hate saying goodbye to friends moving away. It is really horrible. Most of my friends have moved to other states in the last few years and now I'm in a stage of life when it's difficult to make new friends due to time limitations imposed by children. That, and other friends talk often about their travels to visit other friends... that's hard because our travel budget is non-existent. Even when it is existent in small amounts, we have family out-of-state too.

I became an aunt again this week! John's sister and brother-in-law gave birth to Nolan, and I think he is beautiful!

I hate medical professionals who don't listen well and talk down to me. Um, hello! I'm not the child here, my son is. Look at me, listen, and then respond in a normal voice and vocabulary please. I respect your knowledge in your field, please respect my equal intelligence.

Enough "Shards" for tonight. Thanks for taking the time for my brain-pickings!

No comments:

Post a Comment